The Lower Lonsdale Business Association has been active for over twenty years in Lower Lonsdale. If you have a business or commercial property in Lower Lonsdale it is certain that you have benefited directly from their actions and activities. Fostering a positive business environment benefits the community as a whole; local business and commercial property owners, residents and visitors alike.
Being an active community partner:
The lower Lonsdale Business Association has been actively engaged with issues that affect Lower Lonsdale. They respond by communicating their support or concerns through a variety of methods and are well know at City Hall. They are consistent in being visible participants speaking on a variety of topics at public meetings in-front of City Council. They are well respected for not only responding to areas of concern but also communicating new ideas and methods that can have significant impact and benefit to Lower Lonsdale.
Celebrating the Lower Lonsdale Community:
The Lower Lonsdale Business Association has co-ordinated many successful community family fun festivals and events that are enjoyed year after year by 10's of thousands residents and visitors. Check out our gallery section to see wonderful pictures of the Party at the Pier, the Fall Festival and the Christmas Festival.
- LLBA’s review of the North Vancouver School Board and Family Housing Project including the Children’s Art Gallery, and support at City Council. This initiative was passed successfully.
- Metered Parking in Lower Lonsdale; LLBA’s presentation to City Council of findings from Members and other business owners.
- Support for the ANAVETS project on 3rd Street.
- Represented LLBA in the City’s planning group in establishing Lower Lonsdale as a Cultural Precinct; ongoing involvement and communication.
- Doug Ausman appointed Vice President of the North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee
- Very successful series of annual community festivals, drawing more than 20,000 people to the area annually, and uniting community members and businesses. These include: 'Party at the Pier", the 'Fall Festival' and the 'Christmas Festival'.
- Ongoing efforts to transition the LLBA to a Business Improvement Area; still a work-in-progress, although LLBA has been successful in achieving wide recognition of initiative, media coverage, and significant communication throughout the community.
- Support of the Intracorp development of Versatile Building development at 3rd and Lonsdale.
- Invitation from the City to coordinate welcoming initiatives and program template for visiting ships to the area, and liaise between Vancouver’s North Shore Tourism Association, North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce, Lower Lonsdale businesses, and international naval representatives.
- Active support of the Low Level Road improvement project.
- Support of the Onni development at 13th and Lonsdale
- Support of the North Shore Credit Union re-development at 13th and Lonsdale
Accomplishment Examples 2009 to present